Implementing the Embedded Edge Agent requires integrating the EEA API into your device’s firmware. Each implementation will be different. This template serves as a demonstration of such an integration on an ESP32 board.
Included in the template are the following application resources:
- Two Embedded Workflows for intializing, reading from, and writing to the GPIO pins.
- An Embedded Device for receiving the Embedded Workflows and storing the hardware’s telemetry data.
- A Losant Dashboard for controlling the LEDs and visualizing the output from the GPIO pins.
Along with this template, we’ve published a detailed guide for implementing the firmware, deploying the workflows, and modifying the behavior for your use case.
As part of the process, you will also need to implement the open-source firmware authored by the Losant team. That firmware includes the Registered Functions that interface between the ESP32 and the template’s Embedded Workflows.
To create an application from this template:
- Navigate to the New Application page.
- Select the ESP32 and Embedded Edge Agent Template.
You can also import this template from the GitHub repository.
For more information, see:
Was this page helpful?
Still looking for help? You can also search the Losant Forums or submit your question there.