ESP32 and Embedded Edge Agent Template
This is an Application Template that demonstrates the capabilities of Losant’s Embedded Edge Agent.
Implementing the Embedded Edge Agent requires integrating the EEA API into your device’s firmware. Each implementation will be different. This template serves as a demonstration of such an integration on an ESP32 board.
Included in the template are the following application resources:
- Two Embedded Workflows for intializing, reading from, and writing to the GPIO pins.
- An Embedded Device for receiving the Embedded Workflows and storing the hardware’s telemetry data.
- A Losant Dashboard for controlling the LEDs and visualizing the output from the GPIO pins.
Utilizing this template also requires acquiring the proper hardware: the ESP32-WROVER-KIT, which can be purchased from Adafruit.
Along with this template, we’ve published a detailed guide for implementing the firmware, deploying the workflows, and modifying the behavior for your use case.
As part of the process, you will also need to implement the open-source firmware authored by the Losant team. That firmware includes the Registered Functions that interface between the ESP32 and the template’s Embedded Workflows.
To create an application from this template:
- Navigate to the New Application page.
- Select the ESP32 and Embedded Edge Agent Template.
You can also import this template from the GitHub repository.
For more information, see:
Was this page helpful?
Still looking for help? You can also search the Losant Forums or submit your question there.