Application Templates are a set of real-world reference implementations that you can use for:
- Architecture guidance.
- Implementation best practices.
- Starting points for your own applications.
Application templates are comprehensive implementation examples that demonstrate changing Losant features into real IoT solutions. When you create a new application from a template, the template will automatically generate all required devices, workflows, dashboards, and any other resources included in that template.
Each template was carefully designed to demonstrate a specific set of Losant’s capabilities. Losant currently contains the following templates:
- Weather Station, by Losant: Requests weather data from an external API to populate a personal weather dashboard.
- Industrial Equipment Monitor, by Losant: A multi-tenant equipment monitoring application with multiple customers and users.
- Asset Tracker, by Losant: Monitors real-time geolocation, temperature, and shock for multiple asset tracking devices.
- Huddle Room Monitor, by Losant: Provides real-time availability and historical occupancy data for corporate huddle rooms.
To create an Application using an Application Template:
- Navigate to the New Application page.
- Select the application template that best applies.
After creation, you can always modify and delete resources created by these templates.
When you choose a template, you’ll receive a preview dialog showing you the resources that this template requires.
If the sandbox or organization chosen doesn’t have enough remaining resources, you won’t be able to create the application.
If you’re using a dedicated Losant installation or a white-label environment, these templates will not appear in the Losant user interface. If you’d like to use any of these templates, you can import them from the GitHub repository:
- Clone the repository to your local computer.
- Zip the folder that contains the template you’d like to use.
- Use Losant’s Application Import functionality to import the zipped template as a new application.
Adding a template to our platform is a great way to get your brand in front of our developer community. If you’d like to see your own template listed, contact us to learn how to contribute.