Within Losant, the organization defines access to applications, payload usage, and data retention periods, as well as additional platform support options.
You can see all of the organizations that you are a member of by navigating to the Organization Overview Page.
Organizations can be disabled by platform administrators for billing purposes, trial period expiration, or abusive practices. No resources are deleted, and data may still be accessed, but new payloads will not execute and state reports will be rejected. Users who have a disabled organization should reach out to their account manager to have it reinstated.
If the resource has already been created, and you have Administrator permissions for its owner organization, you can then transfer ownership of that resource to another organization where you have Administrator permissions or to your own Sandbox.
Note: When transferring resources, the entity receiving the transfer must not exceed any of its resource limits or the transfer will fail.
If you have the Administrator role in the organization, there is an “Organization Info” link in the organization sub-navigation. Clicking this takes you to a page where you can edit many aspects of the organization itself.
From here you can edit the organization’s name, description and icon color.
To delete an organization, click the “Delete Organization” button in the bottom bar. This action cannot be undone.
Deleting an organization will:
- Delete all applications tied to the organization, including all sub-resources under those applications (devices, workflows, etc.)
- Delete all data tied to those applications and their sub-resources.
- Delete all dashboards tied to the organization.
- Nullify any pending organization invitations.
Deleting an organization will NOT:
- Delete or otherwise affect the Losant accounts of any organization member, including those members’ Sandbox resources or resources tied to other organizations
- Cancel any outstanding debt for provided services.
This screen displays your detailed resource and payload usage for the monthly period.